Catamaran = $300,000

Phil

So. the wife and I are going to buy a Catamaran (about $300,000 for a good used one), prolly get a 30 year note on it. Then, we'll sail it to Puerto Rico, hire a couple locals on $5 per hour, buy insurance, and start our own day/night snorkeling business. I figure we'll eat cheerios and canned spam the first few year, but should turn a profit by 2025.Here is a pic of one we went on while in PRIMG_0627.jpg

The problem with the boat I posted is that a crane and full crew of who knows how many people, got to keep it in top shape always. Which I'm sure you know cost a ton of $$$$$$$.In retrospect the sailboat might cost more in the beginning, but it will not have the huge maintenance issues that the Offshore race boats have.I should have said this in the first place :P

So. the wife and I are going to buy a Catamaran (about $300,000 for a good used one), prolly get a 30 year note on it. Then, we'll sail it to Puerto Rico, hire a couple locals on $5 per hour, buy insurance, and start our own day/night snorkeling business. I figure we'll eat cheerios and canned spam the first few year, but should turn a profit by 2025.Here is a pic of one we went on while in PR
Very nice Phil. Catamaran's rock for cruising.