Widescreen Format

Biga

Alright, even though I have the Vista DVD Maker set on Widescreen format it still compress it to 4.3 format.Could this be a codecs issue????Yes Biga, it is a codecs isssue :beerIn the DivX Decoder Configuration Utility you can force the 16:9 aspect ratio :beer

Both the DVD Maker and DiVX have an option to change the aspect ratio to 16:9.However even after the change it is still burning the DVD to a 1 : 1 ratio. WTF??? I'm totally lost with this. :beer I will have to look further to see why this is happening.

Well they were old popeye cartoons :lmao So they ended up full screen, but I adjusted them when watching with the dvd player to the correct format and they are great. I wanted my daughter to see some real cartoon.... :) not all this sponge bob crap... :)

Rhett Buck

Exact Servers

So the VMP files turned out to 4 : 3. That is good to know. Now try an AVI file and let me know what ratio you get.Might have to use the DivX converter.I'm going to convert the AVI file to Home Theater and see what happens then. :lmao

Alright the problem has been finally resolved. Here is how to burn Widescreen(16:9) DVD's with Vista DVD Maker.First of all you must have the Xvid Codecs do not waste or confuse this with DivX they are not the same.First set the Xvid encoder and decoder to 16:9 and do the same in the Vista Movie and DVD maker these two programs are linked and sometimes the Movie maker can over-ride the DVD maker.Next makes sure your movie is in Xvid format, if it is not there is a good chance that at 10.6% of the DVD Maker encoding process you will get a failure.You might ask how I know this? the answer is trial and error for the last month. :):lmao

I burned the motogp race the other day and it went fine with no errors at all.When I played it in the dvd player it was a little bigger then then screen at full size though. The same thing with the Popeye vids I burned... I have to set my dvd player to 1/2 size then it fills up about 3/4 of the screen and is the proper format.It looks like the 16:9 format on vista is a little off?It only cuts off about 1-2" off the sides of the video though, so it's not too bad. when my screen is 65" it's not an issue.. lol

Rhett Buck

Exact Servers

As long as everything is Xvid and set at 16:9 everything works well. If the movie has a different codecs on my system I get and error. The Vista service pack is due out in February 08, maybe that will fix some of these annoying problems :)R1Lover make sure that all four settings are at 16:9 :)If it still does not work, then the problem is between the keyboard and chair :lmao